UPDATE: RIM released a new version that works with 6.0, simply go to their download section to get it.
Hey I just got the torch and I am loving it! Sure it’s a little laggy now and then and sometimes it doesn’t play nice with my WiFi but all in all, BEST BLACKBERRY EVER! The two things I mentioned I believe will be fixed with soon upcoming future releases of the OS.
However there is one problem, BES isn’t push my OCS / Communicator Client to the phone. I did a little Google Searching and didn’t find anything. Here is how I fixed it.
Special Note: If RIM releases a new version please don’t follow these directions anymore, this is just a work around for now and I am not responsible if you toast your torch 😉
1) Download the desktop version from RIM’s site: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=24E01830D213D75DEB99C22B9CD91DDD
2) Extract the following files to your desktop
3) Download BBSAK 1.7 (if you don’t already have it) from here: http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56
4) Open BBSAK (if no start menu short cut its here: C:\Program Files\BBSAK\BBSAK.exe)
5) Put in your device password (if you have one) then go to the Modify COD’s tab
6) Click on “JAD Maker”
7) Add the two files on your desktop, Name the App “Enterprise Manager”, give it a description, Version “2.5.20”, and Vendor is Research in Motion”.
8) Finally click Create JAD
9) Once its created click the INSTALL JAD button and select the newly created JAD file. NOTE: This may reboot the device, scared me a lot but it came up just fine after the boot and application works.
Thanks and let me know if you have any problems!